|Updated on||:||September 15, 2017|
|Price Starting at:||:||N/A|
|Tags||:||2 Pack, 5 Feet, eboot|
Material: oxygen free copper
Desoldering wick width: 1/8 inch / 2.5 mm
Desoldering braid length: 5 feet/ 1.5 m
Plastic reel size: 4.8 x 4.8 x 1.2 cm
Abundant solder braid:
2 Pack 5 feet solder wick is enough for you to wick the old solder into it and out of the component lead hole.
Comes on a small plastic reel:
The desoldering wire comes on a small plastic reel; Can keep it enclosed in the container when not in use to avoid contamination and keep its effectiveness.
Solder braid is applied as solder removing device to do some soldering and desoldering work, such as removing or replacing bad capacitors from a broken LCD monitor, PC board pad and so on.
Your soldering iron should be hot for desoldering — factory installed solder typically has a higher melting point than the hobbyist stuff you may have used before. A 40 w iron will do but 60 w is recommended. The idea is to go in hot and fast and remove the solder quickly without damaging any components. It should only take a few seconds per solder joint.
How to use:
1. Hold the solder wick container in your left hand (or off-hand). Keep the wick inside the container and only pull out a little bit at a time as you need it.
2. Place the desoldering wick over the solder to be removed and hold the soldering iron in your right hand. Then slightly push the heated soldering iron tip onto the desoldering wick. The solder will be absorbed.
3. Remove the desoldering wick after the solder has been absorbed.
4. Cut off the used section of the wick.
5. Repeat steps 1,2 and 3 if the solder is not removed completely. Absorbability may differ depending on the type of solder.